Be A Guardian Family
Be A Guardian Family
Ashford Manor Labradoodles is always looking for Guardian/Foster Homes for our Australian Labradoodles. A guardian home is where our canine companions have been specially placed to have the love and nurturing they deserve and still be part of Ashford Manor’s breeding program. They remain our dogs but part of your family, at the end of their breeding career they become solely your companions.
We are also looking for guardians for now both in mini and medium female Australian Labradoodles, these opportunities will be available throughout the year. If you would like more information please do not hesitate to call us at (765) 714-1436. If you would like to be a guardian, please fill out the application below and return to us.
How It Works
The puppy/dog lives with you and becomes a
member of your family, while we retain breeding rights. Once the dog is finished with
their breeding career, they will be spay/neutered and all rights will then be transferred to you.
As a guardian family, you would be responsible for normal pet care such as: feeding, grooming (usually twice per year), normal vet visits, flea/tick prevention, monthly heartworm, training and toys. We will be responsible for any breeding related expenses such as: mating fees, ultrasounds, and hip/elbow, eye testing, as associated with breeding.
Generally a female dog cycles every 6 – 8 months. After they are one years old we begin breeding them. In the first year, we do different testing on our Guardian Dogs to ensure they are the best dogs for breeding. During this period we have her for a few days and mate her with a stud boy. She then returns to you and you can enjoy watching as her body changes over the next 9 weeks. At this time she will return to our home and deliver her puppies and remain with them for about 6 weeks. The guardian family may schedule time to visit at any time during this period.
Here is a podcast about being a guardian.
Benefits of Guardian Families
1. You will be receiving the best Australian Labradoodle available! In order to be part of our breeding program, our dogs go through extensive health testing to be accepted.
2. You can watch as the dogs grow and change during pregnancy, and you may visit and see young puppies!
3. If we have availability, we watch our guardian families dogs while they travel at no charge, up to twice per year.
4. Knowing that your canine companion is blessing people all over the country with producing the best possible puppies for their families.
5. We do not charge our guardian families, so you are receiving an Australian Labradoodle for no cost to you!
- live within 75 miles of West Lafayette, Indiana
- own your own home
- have a fenced yard or an invisible fence for the dogs safety
- will provide adequate exercise, premium food, and training necessary
- willing to drive the dog to us for breeding purposes
- do not plan on moving in the next 3 years
- will love and cherish this puppy/dog for many years to come and will provide them with proper nutrition, veterinary care, obedience training and exercise they need to have a full and happy life.
We are a small home-based breeeder of the Australian Labradoodle. We do not want to become a kennel, nor do we want our dogs to not receive everything they deserve. They are highly intelligent, social canines who yearn to please!
We raise both a miniature and a medium Australian Labradoodles in a variety of colors. Our doodles are non-shedding, allergy/asthma friendly, inside dogs.