7 Tips for your
Australian Labradoodle this Summer
Summer is upon us, even though the calendar says it is “Spring” … the temperatures tell us differently. Here are a few things to remember while the temperatures get up there for your Australian Labradoodle. We care about your dogs health!
1. Always have water available for your dog.
It is important for your dog to stay hydrated.
If you need to keep a water bottle with you or
a bowl, then do it. Sometimes we even stop at
a fast food restaurant or a gas station and
purchase water for our dogs if we are out longer than we planned or if they get to hot.
2. Always provide shade for your dog outside. Your doodle needs a cool place to retreat when they get hot … remember they have a lot more hair than you do.
3. When the temperatures are warm, it is best to do activities in the morning or evening with your Labradoodle. You do not want your doodle to become overheated.
4. Never leave your Australian Labradoodle unattended in your car. It gets very hot in a car when the air is turned off, leaving a window open slightly may not be the best solution if the temperatures are high.
5. Do not take your dog walking in the heat of the day. The asphalt, pavement, and gravel can be very hot on your dogs feet. Hot surfaces can burn your dogs pads.
6. Do not leave your Australian Labradoodle tied up outside unattended, they can get all tangled up and not be able to get to water or shade.
7. When you use a weed killer or fertilizer, make sure they are pet friendly. Also, observe the types of flowers that are harmful to dogs. Ashford Manor Australian Labradoodles has a list of items which are harmful to your Labradoodle, feel free to contact us for more information at 765-714-1436.
Ashford Manor Labradoodles Australian Labradoodle is located in West Lafayette, Indiana. We specialize in miniature and medium Australian Labradoodles. We are Indiana’s responsible breeder of the multi-generational Australian Labradoodle puppy.We have shipped our dogs as far as Alaska … give us a call, you are not to far!
Your dogs health is important to us! We hope you will remember our 7 Tips to a healthy summer with your Australian Labradoodle!
Australian Labradoodle Puppy Available!
Call today to find out how she can be part of your family!