Dog Food Recall
The recall is limited to one production lot of the following product:
- BLUE Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Red Meat Dinner Wet
Food for Adult Dogs
- Size: 12.5 ounce can
- UPC Code: 840243101153
- Best-By Date: June 7, 2019 (bottom of can)
Affected products were distributed nationally through pet specialty and on-line retailers.
No other Blue Buffalo products are impacted by this issue.
Could have elevated levels of naturally occurring beef thyroid hormone
Symptoms to watch for:
Dogs ingesting high levels of beef thyroid hormones may exhibit symptoms such as increased thirst and urination, weight loss, increased heart rate and restlessness.
These symptoms may resolve when the use of the impacted food is discontinued.
However, with prolonged consumption these symptoms may increase in severity and may include vomiting, diarrhea, and rapid or difficulty breathing.
Should symptoms occur, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Any Cases Known?
At this time Blue Buffalo is unaware of any dogs exhibiting symptoms.
What to do?
- Discontinue feeding and dispose of product or take back to the store
- Call your veterinarian if you notice any symptoms
- Consumers with questions may contact Blue Buffalo at 866-201-9072 from 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday. Or by email at CustomerCare@bluebuffalo.com.
What do we feed at Ashford Manor Labradoodles?
We use a food that has not had any food recalls, it is shipped to your door, it has a grain free version. We take pride in our Australian Labradoodles and serve premium foods to them. It is important to keep your dog happy and healthy! Visit our Life’s Abundance website today!
Australian Labradoodle Breeder
Ashford Manor Labradoodles