National Pet Wellness Month
As we look outside we see the beautiful changing of colors and the weather has gotten a little cooler. We can take on our Australian Labradoodles on walks without worrying about the temperatures and if the pavement is too hot for their little feet.
Our pets cannot tell us when the ground is too hot to walk, when they are not feeling well, or when they need to go to the veterinarian. It is our job as responsible dog owners to do this for them.
- Make sure your Labradoodle has visited the vet for their yearly check-up and vaccines. Dogs age must faster than humans so it is important to have a yearly wellness visit.
- Talk to your vet about dental hygiene. Brushing your dogs teeth daily is a great start. If you would like to use an occasional dental chew, please purchase Life’s Abundance Dental Treats.
- Monitoring your Australian Labradoodles weight is also key in their health. Make sure your dog is eating dog food which is specially designed for their bodies needs unlike table food which is not nutritionally balanced for your canine companion.
- Take your dog out on a daily walk, it is beneficial for you as well as your Labradoodle.
- Give your Doodle a daily supplement that is of good quality which will help your pet with any nutritional things they are missing. We use NuVet Supplements here at Ashford Manor Labradoodles.
- Give your pet a prescription Heartworm pill ever month no matter the season, we use Interceptor Plus which is both a heart worm and a dewormer.
- During the months that the temperatures are above freezing, give your Labradoodle a monthly Flea/Tick treatment. These are over the counter so you do not need a prescription. Ones we recommend are: Frontline Plus, Serresto Collar, Nexguard, or Vectra 3D.
Your pets health is important to a long and healthy life. You are their advocate. Please remember your canine during this month and if they have not had their yearly wellness visit please do so today.
Ashford Manor Labradoodles
Indiana’s Home of the non-shedding dog