What dog bowls are safe?
There are a wide variety of dog bowls on the market today how do you know which ones are the best or safe to use for your dog? There are different things to look at other than just the pretty patterns. It used to be if your dog was thirst just give them some water not thinking about what type of bowl you were using. No days we need to look at the different types and see what is best for our Australian Labradoodles.
Following you will find a run down of the most common types of bowls on the market today. At Ashford Manor Labradoodles we use stainless steel dog bowls for water and food, when we travel we use collapsible silicone bowls. These are the two safest kinds of bowls available.
Ceramic Dog Bowls
- Can get chips and cracks harboring bacteria
- Can be made with toxic glazes, paints, and lead
Plastic Dog Bowls
- Can harbor bacteria because of the porous material
- Can easily be chewed up and destroyed, and can cause harm if ingested
- Can be made with harmful chemicals (BPA, Phtalates, lead, chlorine, arsenic)
Silicone Dog Bowls
- Collapsible ones are easy to travel with
- Does not retain stains and odors
- Heat resistant
Stainless Steal Dog Bowls
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t harbor bacteria very well
- Rust resistant
Stoneware Dog Bowls
- Can have high levels of lead
Safety 1st not convenience!
Ashford Manor Labradoodles
Australian Labradoodle Breeder