It is very important to maintain your dogs health. One of the things you need to do if you have a dog that does not shed, like a Australian Labradoodle, or if you have a dog that is prone to ear infections, is to clean their ears.
At Ashford Manor Labradoodles, we clean our dogs ears every week unless they are more prone to ear infections then we clean them daily or every other day. We also trim the hair under the ear flap to help air flowing, a groomer can do this for you when they have their routine grooming appointment.
7 Steps to Cleaning Your Dogs Ears
- You will need: a cotton ball, q-tips, tweezers, a bowl, Apple Cider Vinegar, and water
- If there is any hair in your dogs ears, remove hair from ears by using a tweezers. This does not hurt a dog.
- If there is hair on the dogs ear flap, remove the hair so you see pink. This helps the air to circulate and reduces the chance of ear infections.
- Take a q-tip and clean the inside of the dogs ear. A veterinarian can show you how to do this properly.
- Mix 50/50 water and Apple Cider Vinegar into a small bowl.
- Dip the cotton ball into the mixture.
- Rub it around inside the dogs ear.
Ashford Manor Labradoodles is Indiana’s responsible breeder of the multi-generational Australian Labradoodle. We are located in West Lafayette, Indiana, centrally located between Chicago and Indianapolis. We are not a kennel, we are small breeder.